Science now shows that the unresolved traumas of our ancestors gets passed along to future generations through changes in the DNA and how it is read within our bodies. Stress and traumas that have not been resolved result in alterations to the chemical tags attached to the DNA that turn genes on or off, which affect what will be expressed within that person. So you can be born with a tendency towards fear, anxiety, depression, etc as a result of the unresolved stress and trauma passed through the family line. This stress and trauma can be healed and released so it no longer affects you, your children and grandchildren. Family Constellations can help us achieve this and stop the cycle. We can be free and healthy and pass this on to the future generations, so they feel strong, supported and capable of becoming all that they can be.
- Science Alert article, 2018 – Scientists have observed epigenetic memories being passed down for 14 generations
- Medical Xpress article, 2017 – Epigenetics between the generations: researchers prove that we inherit more than just genes
- CNN News article, 2017 – PTSD risk may be passed down through our DNA
- Huffington Post article, 2016 – In sickness and in health, it all begins in the womb.
- 7:30pm Report, 2015 – Magda Szubanski shares her story of intergenerational trauma & its impacts on her life.
- BBC News article, 2013 – Memories pass between generations
- Medical Daily article, 2013 – The family tree of phobia: epigenetics explains how we inherit fear from our ancestors
- Discover Magazine article, 2013 – explaining epigenetics and how trauma and tendencies for anxiety and depression can be inherited from earlier generations in our family.
Want to have a session or participate in a workshop?
A Family Constellation session can be done with a client in person, over the phone or by zoom. You can book an appointment using Jodi-Anne’s online calendar. Jodi-Anne holds Family Constellation workshops in the Adelaide Hills region.