This page contains information on how chronic stress takes its toll on our emotional, mental and physical health. Constantly living in a highly stressed state results in the body focusing on survival rather than restoration and health-promoting activities. We need to help calm our bodies and their nervous systems so that we can heal and maintain a good state of health.
There are many ways to reduce stress and tension in our bodies. One of the ways I have found very effective is Tension and Trauma Release Exercises (TRE). There are many ways to reduce stress from taking deep breaths to spending time in nature, exercising, meditating, having a hot bath and much more. The information here shows these items are not a luxury, not an optional last on your to-do list. It shows why we need to prioritise our self-care so we can stay healthy and happy.
- How to enjoy life?
- How to let life be easy?
- How to let life be fun?
- Why are we so impatient with our lives?
- How to love yourself fully?
- How to forgive yourself?
- How to accept the choices of others?
- How do you accept someone’s fate? (a serious medical diagnosis)
- What is the most helpful thing to say or do for someone who is dying?