‘Personal information’ means information about you where you are, or could be, identified, such as your name and contact details, your photograph, your booking and purchase history and information about your access to our website. It also includes sensitive personal information such as health information that you may provide as a part of a service.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however, it may affect your use of the website or any products and services that we offer.
Type of personal information collected
We may collect the following types of personal information from you, depending on the nature of your involvement with us:
- Your name, address, post code, city, email address and/or telephone number.
- Sensitive personal health information when it is relevant to a service or product we are providing (e.g. your medical conditions, dietary needs etc.).
- Video, audio and/or photographic footage of you when you attend our centre or events.
- Any other personal information you provide to us when making enquiries, signing up to one of our events or purchasing one of our products/services, including via email, social media,over the phone or in person.
- Computer usage data (see below).
We only collect personal information that is relevant for the purposes for which it is requested. We do not use your personal information in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have consented.
If you are purchasing tickets to our events or buying products from our websites, you may be directed to a third-party website to complete your purchase (for example, PayPal or Stripe for financial transactions, and Humanitix for event bookings). These third parties may collect personal information from you that may be shared with us.
All financial transactions you make through our websites are handled through our payment services providers, PayPal or Stripe. We will share information with PayPal and Stripe only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. The processing of credit card payments by these third parties is carried out on their separate secure servers and we do not store any credit or debit card information on our servers.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Cookies and computer data
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the websites you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the website, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We use this information solely to help us make your experience on our website better and to improve our services.
We also may collect information about your online activities on our website and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our website to help us analyse your use of our website and diagnose technical issues.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/products/firefox/cookies
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
How we use your personal information
We collect and use your personal information as follows:
- To supply the goods and/or services you purchase from us.
- To enable your attendance at our centre and events, to communicate with you before and after your attendance, and to properly cater for your needs.
- To provide healing services to suit your needs.
- To contact and communicate with you, including via email, to update you about our events, seek feedback and share news that we think may be of interest you.
- To provide you with marketing and offers from us when you have given us permission to do so (you may unsubscribe from our eNewsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the body of the email).
- Photographic, video or audio footage may be broadcast, live streamed, telecast and/or included on our websites, in a film or documentary, on our social media platforms and/or used in similar scenarios.
Why we collect your personal information
In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your personal information will typically be one of the following:
- We rely on our legitimate business interests to process personal information about you. Examples of the business purposes that we have identified as legitimate include, for example, providing direct marketing to our customers about our products and services that we think would be of interest, permitting our associates to become involved, handling inquiries from our customers, sharing personal information to our third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf, promoting our products and services using photographs or videos from our centre and events, using such photographs or videos to produce documentaries or short films that we feel are of benefit to humanity, or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest;
- The performance of a contract that we have in place with you, for example to provide products or services to you; or
- Your consent where appropriate; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Disclosure of your personal information
The information you submit to us is used only for the purpose stipulated at the time that the information is collected, or that you would reasonably expect when we collect that information. We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
We may pass on your personal information to third parties where it is necessary to provide our products and services to you. Our service providers are obliged to comply with all applicable laws, including data protection laws, and to use your personal information only on our behalf and under our instructions about how your information may be used and processed. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your personal information only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us, and that they do not share or sell your personal information to anyone else.
We may also share your personal information:
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; and
- Where we are required to provide information in response to proper legal demands, orders and process.
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your personal information, and they will be required to use the information only in accordance with the intended purpose for which it was shared.
Your rights in relation to the personal information we collect
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you. In this case, we may need to verify your identity before we release the information. We may request the following forms of identification (ID): a copy of your driving licence, passport or other photographic ID; a birth certificate or a utility bill not older than three months.
- The right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or completed if it is incomplete. If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- The right to require us to delete personal information we no longer have grounds to process. We may need to verify your identity before we do so. If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for us to provide the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any products or services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes administrative, legal, contractual record keeping requirements or security purposes.
- The right to block or restrict our processing of your personal information.
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- You may also have the right to withdraw your consent, where processing is based on consent.
- The right to object to direct marketing (you may unsubscribe from our eNewsletters at any time by clicking the link in the body of the email).
These rights are subject to certain exemptions to safeguard public interests and our interests and may not be available in the country in which you are based. For example, we will not be obligated to erase your personal information if we need to retain it to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request to us using the contact information below. You will not be discriminated against for exercising these rights, but we reserve the right to charge a fee in dealing with such a request as permitted by applicable law and regulations.
Storage and security of your personal information
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We take every precaution to protect the personal information you may submit to us both online and offline. Our files, data, and information are securely stored and access is restricted to authorised staff only. When you enter personal information to book an event or purchase an item, that information is collected directly by us, or in some circumstances by a third party provider as set out above.
No credit card or address details are entered on our website as you will be transferred through to a secure payment gateway for these payments.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
International data transfers
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the UK or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your personal information to the US.
How long we store your personal information
In some cases, there is a legal requirement to keep personal information for a minimum period of time. Except in those circumstances, we do not keep your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Links to other websites
Our website may sometimes contain hyperlinks to other websites. Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.
Protecting the privacy of children
We are strongly committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children who visit our website or attend our centre and events. Our services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals of any age. Our services are available for all living beings, however, parental consent is required if a child is younger than 18 years of age. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal information, please contact us.
If we are unable to resolve an issue to your satisfaction, you can contact the relevant body in your country, such as the Australian Information Commissioner, the European Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, etc.
For any questions or notices, please email at: email@example.com