- Stages of healing from child abuse
- How do we heal from child abuse?
- What does it mean to be free from the past?
- Personal bill of rights
Impacts of child abuse
There are many impacts from experiencing child abuse
- What is child abuse and how common is it?
- Impacts of child abuse
- Childhood trauma leads to brains wired for fear
- Impacts of lack of nurturing and stress on the brain
- Why does child abuse occur?
- Why is the urge to fix others so strong?
Nadine Burke Harris explores the health impacts of child abuse and how if it is not resolved it can have serious detrimental impacts throughout your whole life, making you more susceptible to certain illnesses and problems (16:02 mins)
Childhood sexual abuse
- How to heal after childhood sexual abuse? (part one)
- Healing from childhood sexual abuse (part two)
- Healing from childhood sexual abuse (part three)
- Overview of techniques for emotional release
- Art therapy as a tool for healing
- Free manuals on healing from child abuse
- How to overcome disappointment with your life?
- How to forgive those who hurt you?
- How to stop expecting the worst to occur?
- How to stop making yourself wrong?
- Addctions – why they occur and how to resolve them
- Overcoming depression – lifestyle changes that significantly reduce depression
- When you have hit rock bottom here is what to do – Here is a short video, 11:22 mins, of Jessica Ortner (from The Tapping Solution) interviewing Sonia Ricotti (author of the book Unsinkable). It is a fabulous summary of what to do when you feel like you have hit rock bottom and you are stuck. Sonia reminds us that fighting ‘what is’ leads to negative emotions and keeps us caught in our story, our interpretation and judgement of the events. Instead she encourages us to accept ‘what is’ and ‘surrender’. When you do this you allow yourself to feel and release any emotions around the situation. This creates more space inside you, which enables peace and clarity. From here you can start to see what actions you could take to help yourself move forward.
Jodi-Anne’s book on healing from child abuse
In 2011 Jodi-Anne published a book about her healing journey. She explained the process of healing from child abuse using examples from throughout her life. There are many stages to work through and much that has to be learned so that you can release conditioning, create effective boundaries, and have healthy relationships with yourself and others. It takes time and effort to change negative self beliefs and release buried emotions and trauma. Doing this helps your body to transition from fight or flight into peace and harmony. The book contains her story but also advice on self help techniques you can use to support yourself on your journey. It also contains appendices showing how she used art and dream analysis as healing tools. Jodi-Anne recommends these techniques to all as they are very powerful. The book can be purchased online as an e-book or a hard-copy book. For more information and to purchase it click here. It is her hope that this book helps others to progress more quickly along their healing journey, that through her sharing they understand the process and feel inspired to take action. You truly can break free of the past. It is possible and it is so worth it!