Addiction has a lot more to do with social isolation and unhappiness than it has to do with the addictive nature of the substance used. Addiction is often the result of childhood trauma and is used as a way to cope with emotional pain.
Healing addiction involves healing the emotional pain and disconnection so that the person has a strong connection with their authentic self, their body and with a supportive community around them.
Read the below articles and watch the videos to learn more about how to help yourself or your loved one who suffers from addiction.
Articles on addiction & healing
- Addiction – understanding and overcoming addictions
- Coping with loved ones with addiction or mental illness
- Case examples – healing addiction and trauma with Family Constellations
- Addiction – Johann Harri explains that the opposite of addiction is connection
- Alcoholism – Claude Steiner’s free books on healing alcoholism
- Behaviours of Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACoA)
- Ten rules to avoid rescuing an alcoholic
- If you are a parent in an alcohol affected home
- Steps for helping an alcoholic